Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • ଦେଶ ବିଦେଶ
  • ଜିଲ୍ଲା
  • ରାଜ୍ୟ
  • ଓଡିଶା
  • ରାଜନୀତି
  • ଅର୍ଥନୀତି
  • ବାଣିଜ୍ୟ
  • ଅପରାଧ
  • ଖେଳ
  • ଦେଶ ବିଦେଶ
  • ଜିଲ୍ଲା
  • ରାଜ୍ୟ
  • ଓଡିଶା
  • ରାଜନୀତି
  • ଅର୍ଥନୀତି
  • ବାଣିଜ୍ୟ
  • ଅପରାଧ
  • ଖେଳ

Archives

  • August 2026
  • July 2026

Categories

  • Uncategorized
  • ଓଡିଶା
  • ଜିଲ୍ଲା
  • ଦେଶ ବିଦେଶ
  • ଦେଶ ବିଦେଶ
  • ଜିଲ୍ଲା
  • ରାଜ୍ୟ
  • ଓଡିଶା
  • ରାଜନୀତି
  • ଅର୍ଥନୀତି
  • ବାଣିଜ୍ୟ
  • ଅପରାଧ
  • ଖେଳ
Subscribe
Close

Search

ଦେଶ ବିଦେଶ

Reservation Hatao Aandolan: Massive gathering at Jantar Mantar; security upped | Delhi News

By admin
August 21, 2026 2 Min Read
0
Spread the love


Reservation Hatao Aandolan: Massive gathering at Jantar Mantar; security upped
The gathering at Jantar Mantar took place despite the Delhi Police having made it clear that permission had not been granted for the proposed demonstration.

NEW DELHI: A sizeable crowd gathered at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar on Friday to demonstrate against caste-based reservation, prompting the Delhi Police and Central Forces to step up security at the designated protest venue.Police personnel and security forces were deployed at the site as protesters arrived in large numbers. Barricades were also installed as a precautionary measure to ensure maintenance of law and order during the gathering, news agency ANI reported.The protesters demanded changes to the existing caste-based reservation system and called for a review of the policy.The gathering took place despite the Delhi Police having made it clear that permission had not been granted for the proposed demonstration. Small groups of people had started arriving at Jantar Mantar earlier in the day for the planned protest.On Thursday, Delhi Police issued a clarification stating that no permission had been given for a protest on reservation reforms at Jantar Mantar on August 21. It also described social media videos claiming that permission had been granted as “false and misleading”.In a statement, Delhi Police said, “Various videos are circulating regarding the alleged grant of permission for a protest on the issue of reservation reforms at Jantar Mantar on 21 August, which is false and misleading.“The police clarified that no permission has been granted to anyone to hold a protest at Jantar Mantar on August 21.”“It is further clarified that prohibitory orders under Section 163 of the BNSS (erstwhile Section 144 CrPC) are already in force in the New Delhi District,” Delhi Police said.The force also urged the public not to amplify, forward, depend on or circulate unverified claims concerning permission for the proposed protest.Under the prohibitory orders, protest marches, processions, demonstrations and assemblies involving five or more people are strictly prohibited. Delhi Police also warned that legal action could be taken against those found creating or disseminating fake news.Security arrangements at Jantar Mantar included personnel from the Delhi Police as well as paramilitary forces, with the deployment intended to prevent any disruption amid the gathering.The controversy over the protest followed a post by an organisation’s official Instagram page, which has 5.6 million followers. The page shared a poster on Thursday announcing a “peaceful protest” at Jantar Mantar and appealed to people to attend the gathering at 2pm on August 21.The call for the demonstration was made by the “Reservation Hatao Andolan”, an Instagram page that has gained significant traction by adopting protest-mobilisation tactics of the Cockroach Janta Party (CJP). The platform has now called for a physical demonstration against the reservation system, ANI reported.(With agency inputs)



Source link

Author

admin

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

‘A border state’: Akali leader Majithia fuels buzz over SAD-BJP reunion, gives this reason | India News

Next

Arti Singh on Govinda-Sunita Ahuja divorce buzz: ‘Main Mami Se Baat Karungi’; Slams those seeking ‘footage’

No Comment! Be the first one.

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Russia gives drones their own military branch as modern warfare enters a new era

Russia gives drones their own military branch as modern warfare enters a new era

August 21, 2026
A mother spent £170,000 building a two-storey annexe to give her disabled daughter a safe home in Worcester; it now faces demolition after neighbours complain

A mother spent £170,000 building a two-storey annexe to give her disabled daughter a safe home in Worcester; it now faces demolition after neighbours complain

August 21, 2026
Brie Bella vs Nikki Bella net worth comparison: Which Bella Twin is richer in 2026? | WWE News

Brie Bella vs Nikki Bella net worth comparison: Which Bella Twin is richer in 2026? | WWE News

August 21, 2026
Arti Singh on Govinda-Sunita Ahuja divorce buzz: ‘Main Mami Se Baat Karungi’; Slams those seeking ‘footage’

Arti Singh on Govinda-Sunita Ahuja divorce buzz: ‘Main Mami Se Baat Karungi’; Slams those seeking ‘footage’

August 21, 2026

About Us

We love WordPress and are here to provide you with professional-looking WordPress themes so you can take your website one step ahead. We focus on simplicity, elegant design, and clean code.

TG: Ads

About Us

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

We love WordPress and we are here to provide you with professional-looking WordPress themes so that you can take your website one step ahead. We focus on simplicity, elegant design, and clean code.

Category

  • ଦେଶ ବିଦେଶ
  • ଜିଲ୍ଲା
  • ରାଜ୍ୟ
  • ଓଡିଶା
  • ରାଜନୀତି
  • ଅର୍ଥନୀତି
  • ବାଣିଜ୍ୟ
  • ଅପରାଧ
  • ଖେଳ

Useful Links

  • ରାଜ୍ୟ
  • ଦେଶ ବିଦେଶ
  • ଜିଲ୍ଲା
  • ଓଡିଶା
  • ରାଜନୀତି
  • ଅର୍ଥନୀତି
  • ବାଣିଜ୍ୟ
  • ଅପରାଧ
  • ଖେଳ
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • About Us
  • Terms of Use
Copyright 2026 — Koshal Sambad. All rights reserved. SSWPL