Ashton Hall’s reaction to Conor McGregor team-up grabs attention after ‘8 days post surgery’ shoot | MMA News
Ashton Hall and Conor McGregor turned a recent shoot into an action-filled team-up, with the fitness influencer sharing a clip from the project and calling McGregor his “brother.” Hall showed himself jumping from a helicopter, sprinting and clearing a vehicle before McGregor appeared with a gun. The video was made for McGregor’s Mac Energy brand. What made the shoot stand out was the timing: McGregor was only eight days removed from knee surgery.
Ashton Hall calls Conor McGregor shoot a “war with my brother”
Hall, known for his intense fitness videos, posted the clip on social media and gave fans a look at how the shoot came together. The video starts with Hall stepping out of a helicopter. He then runs at full speed and jumps over a vehicle as part of the action scene.McGregor is seen firing a gun during the sequence before the two share a moment after the shooting ends. Hall later summed up the experience with a short message that showed how much he enjoyed working with the former UFC champion.“War with my brother @thenotoriousmma, 8 days post surgery – winners win”The post came as McGregor was still in the early days of his recovery. That detail makes the video more striking because the Irish fighter had only recently gone through surgery after suffering a serious knee injury.
Conor McGregor joined Ashton Hall just eight days after knee surgery
McGregor injured his knee during his UFC 329 fight against Max Holloway on July 11 in Las Vegas. His long-awaited return lasted only 69 seconds after he hurt his knee while throwing a kick. The referee stopped the fight, giving Holloway a TKO win. The UFC’s official report confirmed the stoppage at 1:09 of the first round.McGregor had returned to competition after a five-year break, so the early stoppage was a major setback. He later said the ACL and meniscus damage was on the opposite leg from the serious leg injury he suffered in his 2021 fight with Dustin Poirier. His current focus is recovery, with a possible return targeted for 2027. Reuters also reported that McGregor began his recovery after successful surgery.McGregor underwent surgery in early August and said it went well. The timing of the shoot therefore caught attention. McGregor himself said he had been told to rest after the operation, but chose to take part in the Mac Energy project with Hall instead.“8 days post surgery. Doctor said rest. I said load the f***kin belt. This is MAC ENERGY @AshtonHallofc welcome to the MAC movement!”The shoot does not change McGregor’s recovery plan, and there is no indication from the video that he has returned to fight training. UFC CEO Dana White has said McGregor is expected to be out for about a year after the knee injury.For Hall, the project was a chance to work with one of MMA’s biggest names. For McGregor, it offered a very different kind of appearance only days into his recovery.